Dienstag, 19. Februar 2013

The enmeshed Tuesdayquestion (Die verstrickte Dienstagsfrage)


This week Wollschaf is asking:

One day we all started knitting. By choice or we had to at school. 
Do you remember how it was?
What causes most troubles?

When did it catch you?
Thank you to Michaela for today's question!

My mother showed me how to knit before I started school. I remember an increasing number of stitches and a broadering knitting work...

At school I learned a lot of new things from my needlework teacher. Not only beginning a knitting work and knit and purl stitches, I also learned knitting with 5 needles.

After primary school handwork lessons were over for me, because I went to a school, where I was in the first class where girls were admitted.

I started with knitting for my dolls. At the age of 13 I knitted my first long scarf:
Knitted in garter stitches and about 2 meters with fringers, at that time it was modern.

The first bigger needlework was a traditional jacket that I knitted together with my mom. I knitted the back and one sleeve. My mother the front and the second sleeve. So "I" finished the jacket very quickly and I was so proud about my first "real" project.

In the 80s lot of people knitted at school or university. It wasn't really welcomed and of course it aggravated making notes a lot.
My grandmother showed me how to knit socks.

I never really stopped knitting. For me, afterwards for my husband and for my kids.

At the end of the 90s I bought a used Singer knitting machine and knitted almost exclucivley socks. Three years ago, a Silverreed superfine-knitter came in addition.

The family always needs knitted clothes, things are damaged from time to time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen