Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013

The enmeshed Tuesdayquestion

(Die verstrickte Dienstagsfrage)

Wollschaf is asking: 

"Many of my good friends are pregnant at the moment. And what is more obvious for a knitting- and crochet-fan then welcome the babies with a fluffy soft present? Certainly it is getting boring in the long run, knitting masses of little socks and little shoes. Therefore I am on the look-out for recent suggestions. Regardless of whether clothes, toys or cover, what are your favourite knitting- and crochet-things for babies?"

Thank you to "Tee & Kekse" for today's question!

Based on the question I recognize that I am a generation older...
The last years I didn't knit anything for babies, because there was no need. But one of the next things I want to try, is a baby surprise jacket. I will knit it for a doll. I don't really need this jacket, but I am interested in the technics. 
For my own children I knitted a devil cup, because it warms the forehead. A baby allways needs a hat, wool for the winter, cotton for the summer. Most of the heat is lost by the head. 
Little jackets are usefull everytime and more practical then a pullover. Pullovers shall let open on the shoulder. Here is a little jacket - a version with an easy pattern and a woolen cap (knit stitches):




The following jacket has an easy pattern out of knit and purl stitches (unfortunately it is not very clear recognizable, but the picture is so idyllic :-) )



(Both patterns have been in a baby magazine from Burda in the early 90s)

 Gloves are knitted as fast as socks. You don't have to knit a thumb, it is okay if you knit a "little bag".
A patchwork quilt is also very practical: as play rug, for the buggy, as duvet etc.
Which material you chose, depends on the mother. I mostly took new wool  and washed things by hand. The clothes are very small, so they are washed quickly and they do not need lot of space to dry.
By the risk, that everything is washed at 90° C with a normal detergent in the washing machine, I would take cotton. For cotton it is okay. New wool would getting smaller and felt with this treatment.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen